If you are one who is not high on cooking or feel lazy doing it, here is an easy and fast lemon chicken recipe. It only takes about 30 minutes. Additionally, the quick lemon butter and garlic sauce enhance the chicken flavor even more!
This recipe is simple yet very delicious, which is best suited for those busy evenings and weeknights. The ingredients to make this dish include your everyday supply, which means you do not have to waste money eating out and save money instead.
Preparing the Lemon Chicken
- Slice the chicken breast in half, make sure to cut it lengthwise. Beat the meat evenly for even thickness with the meat mallet.
- In a bowl, beat out the mixture of eggs, Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic, and salt. Put it aside.
- In another bowl, measure out the right amount of flour or bread crumbs and grated or powdered parmesan cheese. Keep it aside.
- For dredging the chicken arrange all the mixture side by side. Now first, take one chicken piece dip it in the egg mixture properly and then on to the parmesan cheese mixture by coating it generously. Make sure to shake off the excess dry coating properly.
- Once done with the process and all your chicken pieces have a proper coat of dry mixture, it is time to fry it. Get an Instant Read Thermometer nearby and place the skillet to the stove. Once it heats up pour oil and using your Instant Read Thermometer, make sure the temperature is at about 165°F. Now fry your chicken in the skillet for about 4-5 minutes on each side until it turns golden brown.
QUICK COOKING TIP- In case the chicken crust starts browning too fast, you can reduce the heat, which will allow the meat to cook thoroughly from the inside out without burning.
TIME TO MAKE SOME DELICIOUS SAUCE
You can use this 5-minute lemon butter sauce for other dishes as well. Do not limit its use. You can avoid wasting time waiting for the chicken to cook by simply preparing the sauce in a separate skillet or saucepan simultaneously. You can also wait for the chicken to finish cooking, remove it, and make the sauce in the same skillet. Both ways works, it is up to your discretion. After cooking the sauce, you can pour it over your cooked chicken or add the chicken to the pan.
- In a pan or skillet sear butter and garlic until it gives off its pleasant smell.
- Next up, whisk the lemon juice into the pan along with additional tastemakers like pepper, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning. Let the sauce cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Once the sauce starts to thicken, turn off the heat and pour it over the chicken or dip it into the sauce.
It is crucial to understand that all the ingredients are changeable according to your taste. In this recipe, we used fresh and tangy lemon for extra flavor. However, it is totally up to you if you prefer a less citrusy flavor; you can reduce the amount of lemon juice.